Cleanings & Preventive Care in Milpitas, CA
Brushing and flossing every day is essential, but it is only part of a good oral health care routine. Visiting the team at Montague Hills Dentistry in Milpitas twice a year will help ensure your oral health routine is healthy and successful.
Your teeth can last a lifetime, and having regular examinations and cleanings can help make that happen. Call our office in Milpitas today to make an appointment for the preventative maintenance that will keep your mouth healthy and your smile bright.
CALL US: (408) 262-9999 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Comprehensive Dental Care for You and Your Family
A professional exam and cleaning are two of the most basic yet essential preventative treatments we will provide to you. If problems with your teeth and gums are left unchecked, it could lead to extensive and expensive treatments later on. We offer a wide range of services to help you and your family maintain optimal oral health, including:
What Happens at a Routine Cleaning?
During your visit, you will receive a comprehensive cleaning from our gentle hygienist. The purpose of teeth cleaning is to remove the harmful build-up of plaque and bacteria that can damage your healthy smile. For most people, two visits per year will keep tartar and plaque from causing problems. However, if you are at high risk for conditions such as periodontal disease, our team may recommend that you come in every three or four months. During the cleaning, you can expect the hygienist to:
- Remove the built-up tartar (dental calculus)
- Remove plaque
- Polish teeth to remove surface stains and discourage plaque buildup
- Floss your teeth
- Demonstrate proper brushing and flossing techniques
Professional Exams for Optimal Oral Health
Dr. Alejandro Celis and Dr. Oscar A. Celis, and our skilled staff will assess your overall health and oral hygiene during your examination. The exam also includes the following:
- Checking your risk for tooth decay and gum or bone disease, including looking for loose or broken teeth
- Evaluating your existing tooth restorations (fillings, crowns, dentures, implants, or bridges)
- Oral cancer assessment by checking the face, lips, neck, tongue, throat, and gums for any signs of problems
- Evaluation of the contact between your teeth, bite, and jaw
- Using diagnostic X-rays if necessary to detect problems under the surface including decay, tumors, cysts, impacted wisdom teeth, and possible bone loss
We can spot issues that are not easy to see in the mirror, and the earlier they are detected, the easier they are to treat. Gum disease can cause extensive problems if not treated, and encourage other systemic issues that can affect your overall health.
Extra Protection with Professional Fluoride Treatment
Fluoride is a mineral that strengthens your enamel and can help repair damage from minor decay through remineralization. While many people can benefit from fluoride, it is often a crucial part of children’s dental car because they are more susceptible to tooth decay than adults.
Our Milpitas practice offers fluoride applications to patients of all ages as part of our standard dental exams and cleanings. For children, we recommend limiting their fluoride consumption to these appointments to prevent overexposure. Adults can have more fluoride in their diet, which is often included in city water supplies or provided by or dentists.
Reverse the Early Signs of Gum Disease with Periodontal Care
We all have millions of microbes in our mouths that feed on the sugars we eat. Germs release an acid after consuming sugar that eats away enamel and causes cavities. Bacteria also forms into dangerous plaque, which sticks to teeth and grows under the gum line, causing cavities and gum disease. Plaque also calcifies into a stubborn substance called tartar, which causes gum recession and potentially tooth loss.
Gum disease first presents itself with swelling, redness, bleeding, and tenderness in the gum tissue. This condition is called gingivitis, and with a professional cleaning and renewed commitment to good oral health habits, it can be cured; however, if plaque is allowed to remain on teeth and in gums, then a more severe form of gum disease develops.
Our experienced team offers everything you need to recover from periodontal disease. With professional scaling and root planing, pocket reduction surgery, and medicated treatments, we can help control infection and healing.
Lava Crowns and Restorations
Lava crowns and restorations are fabricated using a feldspathic porcelain overlay and zirconia. The material is durable yet translucent, allowing the natural color and luster of your tooth to shine through. Lava restorations don’t use cement adhesives, so they can remain firmly in place without permanently altering your dentition.
The zirconia protects the micro-structure, making your crown or bridge more durable, longer-lasting, and easier to care for. The material is bio-compatible, which minimizes allergic reactions and offers very low heat transfer compared to metal. This advanced material gives you a restoration that enhances comfort and lets you carry on your life with a confident, beautiful smile.
Better Dental Health through Oral Surgery in Milpitas
Dr. Alejandro Celis and Dr. Oscar A. Celis and our team provide comprehensive care to treat complex oral health problems, such as missing teeth, bone loss, and impacted third molars. Our team specializes in the following dental surgical procedures:
We use advanced technology and innovative techniques to help you feel as comfortable as possible. You will receive individualized attention for every procedure, and we take the time to answer all your questions and explaining all details to ensure that you feel at ease and confident in your treatment plan.
Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies are identified by the severity of the damage and how it affects your daily life.
- Toothaches occur in various degrees of severity. If the pain in your tooth is severe enough to interfere with your ability to live your average daily life, you need to see our Milpitas dentist right away.
- A cracked tooth needs to be treated immediately if it causes pain. A crack in the surface of a tooth allows oral bacteria to enter the protective enamel and infect the inner pulp, leading to more severe toothaches and eventual tooth loss if left untreated. Addressing dental damage as soon as possible can prevent the bacteria from reaching sensitive inner areas.
- When a tooth is knocked out of the mouth without breaking, there is a chance it can be replanted so long as the nerves in the roots survive. Carry the knocked-out tooth only by the crown, rinse it with clean, warm water, and safely store it. You can find emergency toothache kits at your local pharmacy, which help relieve pain and can preserve the knocked-out tooth.
The sooner a problem is treated, the more comfortable you will be and the better chance for our team to protect your overall dental health. If you have a dental emergency, we will do everything we can to get you in as soon as possible. Call us today for more information about dental emergencies in Milpitas, CA.
Maintain Optimal Oral Health with Montague Hills Dentistry
When you visit our office, you are in the hands of caring and highly qualified dental professionals. Our team is committed to the best in quality care. We are continually seeking effective technology and training opportunities to offer trusted and effective general dentistry and oral surgery in Milpitas and the surrounding Bay Area communities.
We look forward to meeting you and creating the most pleasant experience possible for your treatment. Call us today!
CALL US: (408) 262-9999 REQUEST APPOINTMENT